Approved Body Services
When the UK left the EU, on the last day of 2020, all existing Notified Bodies based in the UK transitioned into Approved Bodies. A new UK wide regulatory regime came into force for all manufactured goods being placed on the GB market that was previously covered by the CE marking requirements.
Technology International (Europe) Ltd has therefore been appointed as an Approved Body (0673) with the following scope:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016
- Radio Equipment Regulations 2017
- Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008
We are one of the few independent specialists and our accreditation stretches back to the early 1990's.
What is an Approved Body?
An Approved Body is an organisation designated to assess the conformity of products before they are placed on the market in the UK.
Do I need an Approved Body to show product compliance?
The rules governing the involvement of an Approved Body in the certification process are set by individual UK regulations. Some regulations require substantial involvement from Approved Bodies for most products, whilst for other regulations the use of an Approved Body remains entirely voluntary.
UKCA Government Update:
On the 14th November 2022, the UK Government announced the extension on CE Marking acceptance in the UK. The new deadline gives manufacturers until December 2024 to achieve their UKCA conversions. If you need assistance or more information about the transition deadline, find the full update here.
Approved Body Services From Technology International
Under the three UK Regulations listed above, Technology International can offer services such as:
- UK Type Examination – For certain products, the involvement of an Approved Body is mandatory. If you wish to involve Technology International, we can assess product documentation, and if it is found to provide sufficient evidence of conformity with the applicable regulation, we can issue a UK-Type Examination Certificate which can be used to prove regulation compliance.
- UK Type Examination (Adoption) - If you have an existing EU-Type Examination Certificate, we can offer an 'adoption' service, where we review the evidence of conformity with the applicable regulation, and then we issue a corresponding UK-Type Examination Certificate. The UK Certificate is said to ‘mirror’ the EU Certificate, but instead allows access to the GB market.
- As an Approved Body with 30+ years experience and an extensive knowledge of the compliance industry, we are best placed to help inform and assist you with your product compliance.