How can Technology International help?
Product (Equipment/Component) full 3rd Party certification.
[IEC/EN/BS 60079 series (electrical), ISO IEC/EN/BS 80079 series (non-electrical)]
- Guidance and assistance with the following aspects of certification:
- Product design; selecting and applying the required/relevant protection concept standards and interpretation of the relevant requirements.
- Certification documentation/technical file contents; type and level of detail required, source and format of supporting evidence.
- Ignition Hazard Assessments (non-electrical).Type testing; what tests would be required, what is involved and potential sample requirements.
- EU / UK Declaration or Attestation of Conformity.
- Involvement can be up to the point of engagement with an ATEX / UKEX Notified Body (NoBo) / IECEx Certification Body (ExCB) (‘hand-over’), or up to and during the certification process.
- Both activities would require a relationship to be built with a, or many, NoBo’s / ExCB’s.
Manufacturers ‘self-declaration’ of compliance (ATEX / UKEX only).
- All the same aspects as details Product (Equipment/Component) full 3rd Party certification. Including voluntary Type Examination certification ‘hand-over’.
- Providing recommended NoBo’s for technical file lodging service, as required.
Area Classification. (In-directly)
[IEC/EN/BS 60079-10-1 (Gas&Vapours), IEC/EN/BS 60079-10-2 (Dust)]
- Provide customers with full area classification assessment for their site, which is the starting point to establish the relevant Zoning applicable. This leads to the minimum certification/assessment required for equipment that falls with the Zoned area(s).
Quality Assurance Notification / Quality Assessment Report (ATEX-UKEX QAN / IECEx QAR).
[ISO IEC/EN/BS 80079-34]
- Guidance and assistance with the processes and documentation required by a NoBo/ExCB to issue the required QAN/QAR.
Ex Installation design. (In-directly)
- Guidance and assistance with the design, selection and erection of installations.
Ex Installation inspection and maintenance. (In-directly)
- Guidance and assistance with the initial inspection and on-going inspections / maintenance of electrical installations.
Ex training courses.
- Provide training courses on Ex subject matter as requested by the customer.
General Ex related support.
- Provide technical support to customers on a more general adhoc approach.
Other local Ex schemes.
- Guidance and assistance with other global certification schemes.
ATEX outside of Europe?
Equipment intended to be used in potentially explosive atmospheres outside of the EU and EEA, is often required to comply with the IECEx Scheme, which is similar in many respects to ATEX. Although IECEx is a voluntary scheme it now has many member countries, the list of which is continuing to grow. “Ex” compliance is often strictly enforced within industries where risks of explosions are significant and constant, such as the Petrochemicals, Pharmaceutical and the Food Processing industries and IECEx can be an alternative widely accepted conformity process that goes hand-in-hand with ATEX.
For more information on the IECEx Scheme please click here.